Welcome to A Moment Away. Our company began in December of 2006. We strive to provide the best service, with a focus on the client and the results that truly matter. Our highly qualified staff is dedicated to your well being and comfort. You will truly enjoy your Moment Away.
What are the benefits of massage?
Many people think of it as a luxury, but massage is much more than simple relaxation. The therapeutic benefits of massage continue to be studied, but research has shown it to be effective in:
- Decreasing pain
- Reducing anxiety and stress
- Improving range of motion
- Decreasing carpal tunnel symptoms
- Reducing muscle soreness
- Boosting immune system
- Lessening depression
- Relieving back pain
- Promoting tissue regeneration
- Easing withdrawal symptoms
- Treating cancer-related fatigue
- Easing labor pain and stress
- Relieving migraine pain
- And more
What to look for in a massage therapist:
Today, the term massage therapy is used to describe the manipulation of soft tissue – muscles, skin and/or tendons – by fingertips, hands, fists, elbows and even feet. Bodywork is a general term for manual techniques that involve touch and movement and are used to promote health and healing.
Almost a quarter of all American adults have received at least one massage in the past twelve months. And the number continues to grow as more and more people discover the benefits of massage – for relaxation, rehabilitation and rejuvenation.
When selecting a massage therapist, you want to make sure that he or she is skilled, knowledgeable and ethical. The easiest way to ensure this is to ask whether they are nationally certified. To be nationally certified, a massage therapist must:
- Demonstrate mastery of core skills and knowledge
- Complete 500+ hours of massage education
- Pass an NCBTMB standardized exam
- Uphold the organization’s Standards of Practice and Code of Ethics
- Take part in continuing education
*information from the NCBTMB